What are organizations and projects?
In redirection.io, organizations are groups of people, who can collaborate on several projects at once.
- when creating a redirection rule, it must belong to a project ;
- a project belongs to one organization ;
- a given user can belong to several organizations.
Organizations may include an unlimited number of collaborators, and allow to give specific project permissions to their members.
At the organization level, the specific organization admin permission allows to:
- invite new organization members;
- manage existing members;
- create new projects;
- manage all organization projects;
- manage billing details.
The organization admin role is quite powerful, and should only be restricted to a few contacts in your organization.
At the project scale, there are different permission levels:
- a project member may only read data: see the existing redirection rules, view the logs, create reports, etc.
- a project writer can edit the project data, but cannot manage the project itself;
- a project admin (and, by inheritance, the organization admins) can edit all the project data, rename it, delete it, and add new users to the project.
Create a new organization¶
You can create a new organization when you first log into the manager or later, using the organization dropdown menu:
- click on the "Add new" button in the organization dropdown menu
- fill the form and use your shiny new organization ✨
Create a new project¶
You can create a new project when you first log into the manager or later, from the organization dashboard:
- Visit your organization dashboard
- click on the "Add a new project" button
- fill the form and use your shiny new project ✨